PROGRAM OF THE FUTURA INSTITUTE
Basic work strategy of the Futura Institute within the Faculty for Applies Ecology Futura, is based on the improvement of the scientific and research and developmental work in the field of the environmental protection through:
I:Basic researches in the domain of the modern and applied technologies which are used in the processes of:
- Sanitation of air pollution;
- Treatments of waters;
- Revitalization and recultivation of degraded soil;
- Valorization of secondary raw materials and waste material;
- Valorization of the natural resources and protected areas;
For the sanitation of the air pollution (reducing emissions of gaseous pollutants) the researches are directed to: the development new and effective use of the exiting methods, procedures, processes and the operations for the treatment of industrial gas flows and waste gases. The results of these researches need to be checked in concrete industrial conditions.
For the treatment of polluted natural surface and ground waters, as well as for the treatment of waste waters, the operations, processes and methods based on contemporary biological technologies are being perfected.
For the process of revitalization and recultivation of degraded soil the processes of eco remediation of degraded soil are being developed.
For the treatment of contaminated soil, processes of biological cleaning, composting are being examined and developed according to specific requests.
II:Applied-development researches have the possibility of application of the research results on the concrete requests of techno genic systems with monitoring of the results of their application in all media of everyday life.
In the field of emission control of gaseous pollutants, with well-established monitoring, it is possible to:
- determining the state of air pollution;
- determining the elements for the spatial planning and urban planing,
- modification of technological processes with the aim of reducing of the emission of the pollutants in industrial plants – minimisation of gaseous flows and selection of optimal parameters in optimisation of the process as a whole, in order to reduce emissions of gaseous pollutants.
In the field of purification and treatment of waters the application of new materials is being examined for the purposes of:
- treatments of drinking water, using natural zeolites, granite, bentonite
- treatments of underground drinking waters, using indigenous populations of iron bacteria, intensifying the deferrization process, demangation, as well as for the dissolution of deposited ocher (iron oxide) from the objects for exploitation, distribution and water treatment by using tested preparations,
- treatments of specific industrial waste waters.
The development of procedures for physic-chemical and biological treatment of industrial wastewater and municipal water represents a special group of activities.
In the field of protection and sanitation of soil develop:
- technologies and methods of sanitation-recultivation of the degraded soil, with specialized agricultural and other institutions,
- technologies for the production of special materials (additives, adsorbents, corrector) according to domestic natural and eco-minerals (zeolite, bentonite, apatite, phosphorus, boron and selenium minerals) and its own experimental production with special materials, based on the acquired technologies, which have already found wide practical application.
- technologies for the sanitation of the degraded soil, with “in-city” and “ex-city” procedures.
In the field of recycling are developing: special type of activity represents the efforts to organize complex technical and technological measures for the valorization of waste materials and secondary raw materials, as specific activities with significant economic effects, as well as the effects in terms of waste minimization and conservation of natural resources. Processes, operations and complete technical and technological solutions for the valorization of waste materials and secondary raw materials develop in all basic fields of activity of the Institute. Valorization of secondary raw materials has been specially developed, which is used exclusively for experimental production of deficient materials. This primarily refers to the valorization of the material:
from tailings that are formed in exploitation, preparation and concentration of non-metallic and metallic mineral raw materials,
from landfills which are formed in the coal preparation plants and thermal power plants, in black (extractive black metallurgy, iron and steel processing), and colored metallurgy (metallurgy of copper, lead, zinc, antimony, aluminum and colored metals).
III Commercialization of the scientific-research results – necessary link in connecting research and development activities and application is monitoring, i.e. determining the state of the environmental medium (air, water, soil) in different industrial systems. This primarily refers to measures related to the implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection and Regulation that derives from it and increasingly stringent requirements arising from it.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROCEDURE
Scientific-research procedure solving technologies and solutions for:
Processing of natural mineral raw materials, waste materials and secondary raw materials to raw components or products, getting functional technologies of environmental protection: waste water treatment and gas flows, waste recycling and recultivation of degenerative and contaminated soil takes place in strict interaction, basic applied development research, defining of the technologies, defining of the technical and technological solutions of the economy.
Based on the developed scientific-technological innovation and experimental product of the Institute’s content, and in accordance with the scientific-technological and innovative development policy of Serbia, strategic basic cooperation in the development and functioning of a modern competitive economy should be achieved through two types of activities:
- Direct services:
- investment projects, business projects, main construction projects with full elaboration of conditions for full environmental protection in accordance with current world standards;
- characterization and so on.
- Placement of competitive products with defined properties for a certain functional application.
THE BASIS OF THE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The structure and functioning of the Institute would be based on the principle of the Project Organization.
Incubator-center of certainty in certain areas of applied and development research from the activities of the Institute.
For the realization of certain Project (Program),a special project team is formed, headed by a team leader-project manager with all the necessary functions and units.
The Project Manager has all the necessary resources and powers at his disposal for efficient Project management. There is no mixing of competencies between management or conflicts of priority in the execution of tasks because leadership unity is achieved.
Project manager has partially conditional independence in legal, administrative and material-financial sense in accordance with legal acts and documents.
Due to more efficient multi-project management of Programs and Projects, each manager is obliged and liable to prepare in writing for the Scientific Committee:
- Activity implementation plan for the next month (quarter)
- Degree of realization according to the already determined monthly (quarterly) plan of activities
- Plan of necessary material resources (project budget);
- Plan of using equipment and gadgets;
- Plan and program of the development of new production services;
- Training plan;
- Personeel engagement analysis;